1) Please introduce yourself? What makes you special? Who is Angela Smith?
2) Please tell us a bit about your family, friends and surroundings?
I'm from Wisconsin and grew up in the country. Love being outdoors. I'm close to my family and have a twin sister. She works out a lot as well and keeps in great shape.
3) How did you start competing in fitness and then switched to figure?
4) What is your personal policy (not what the judges want) about conditioning and muscularity when coming into a show? Soft or hard?
5) What is your idea of what judges want in a figure/fitness competitor? Do you think judges are clear enough with competitors about how they want you on stage? It seems in Europe they are very clear unlike in the USA.
6) For the next shows what do you think you need to work on physique-wise/conditioning-wise? If anything!
7) What is your typical training routine in the gym (per day, include sets and reps!) How much cardio do you do before a show?
8) What is your pre-contest diet? (per day, 1 week before the show)
9) How do you go about dropping your water before the day of the show? How much water do you drink the day of the show. Please be specific.
10) What motivates you to train/diet and compete? Are there any competitors you looked up to?
11) Please tell us an interesting experience you had at a show recently, be it a fun thing or something rather not so fun?
12) What is your personal opinion about the figure, fitness, bodybuilding industry we are in? Anything you would like to see changed?
more money prizes , I think we need more gifts for athletes
13) What has been your hardest challenge to overcome either in your personal life or competing career?
14) Did you make any changes to your contest prep for your last show? Water intake, carbing up, etc... any changes for your next show?
I think the biggest changes in my contest prep were to keep changing my contest training. Switching things up & keep my body guessing. I implemented more pilates, yoga, plyos & massages.
15) How do you feel about the new bikini division?
I think the new bikini divisions is awesome!! It gives a whole new dimension to competition , love it !!
16) How do you balance your family life with competing and dieting for shows? Do you have a support system around you (family, etc...)?
it's rather tough but I have a wonderful support system with my husband, friends, training partners, and my clients. They are awesome :-)
17) Please tell us about how you were raised and did you have any interesting experiences while growing up?
I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin ( born & raised in the country) so I love anything outdoors. I was always in sports ( cheerleading, track ) which gave me discipline, and fitness skills. I had many interesting experiences growing up with a twin sister. :-)
18) Do you have an athletic background? Gymnastics, soccer, volleyball or what?
I participated in cheerleading, track , played basketball and theatre ( grade school).
19) What is a typical day in the life of Angela Smith? From waking up to until going to bed?
my day usually starts pretty early 5 or 6am with a private client training. Then thru out the day I have more clients, group classes ( pilates reformer or mat, body sculpting class, kick boxing, boot camp or spin class). My day usually ends at 7 pm or 8 pm. :-)
20) What is your current occupation? Please tell us more about it, what do you specifically do in your job?
for my full time job I train clients ( 15 yrs) as well as I'm a certified pilates instructor. As well as certified spin, kickboxing, body sculpting & yoga instructor.) I like to be trained in many aspects of fitness for the variety of my clients.