20 Questions with Cover Model and NPC Figure Elise Prucha
1) Please introduce yourself? What makes you special? Who is Elise Prucha?
Hi, my name is Elise Prucha - I am special because I am unlike anyone you have ever met. I am sexy but tough- yet very sensitive, emotional and caring person. and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am also really funny, love to play practical jokes, make people laugh. I usually attract a lot of attention to myself mostly because of my outgoing personality and sense of humor. I am a great friend and your friend for life if u let me be one. I am a fair person, but sometimes tell it like it is. I also TALK A LOT!!!!
2) Please tell us a bit about your family, friends and surroundings?
I am married to a great guy named Wayne and we have two sons...........Austin who is 11 and West who will be 7...........They both drive me absolutely NUTS but I LOVE THEM!!! My friends are so complex. Some are stay at home moms, some are fitness girl, some are guys etc. I am FRIENDS with everyone pretty much and I TRULY LIKE MOST EVERYONE I MEET but IF I DONT LIKE YOU THEN CHANCES ARE THAT U ARE A JERK!!!
3) How did you start competing in fitness?
I started weight training in my basement when I was about 14 years old. I was a heavy kid and lost a lot of weight the summer of 7th grade. Then I saw a magazine called woman's bodybuilding and really liked the way the girls looked. That was back in the day of Rachel Mclish, Corey Everson, Tanya Knight etc..........I always wanted to compete but never did till after my dad died. When he died I kind of made it a goal to compete I started in bodybuilding in 1995...........then moved on to fitness...........I stopped competing in 1996 to raise children and 2006 was my comeback year in FIGURE! In between all THAT I had 4 miscarriages, a horrible second full term pregnancy (west) and gained 60 pounds AND WAS IN A BAD CAR ACCIDENT!!! When I was able to get back into the gym- all I did was lots of cardio cause I wanted to lose all the weight and body fat.................I did but unfortunately lost a great deal of muscle- THEN DECIDED TO DO A FIGURE SHOW!!
lol with no muscle!!!!! LOL
4) What is your personal policy (not what the judges want) about conditioning and muscularity when coming into a show? Soft or hard?
I have come in BOTH - AT THE SAME TIME!! Lol lol lol - My upper body gets hard very fast and I have a hard time getting my legs and lower back lean and hard.............but each show I just try and look my best..........I personally like a softer, muscular look because then if U are too big and hard, you basically look like a bodybuilder.
5) What is your idea of what judges want in a Figure competitor? Do you think judges are clear enough with competitors about how they want you on stage? It seems in Europe they are very clear unlike in the USA.
I think they are extremely unclear........it differs from one show to another and even in the same show the top 5 can all have different looks............It is a very subjective sport,,,,,,,,,,,,,,( is it even a friggin sport???? LOL)
6) For the next shows what do you think you need to work on physique-wise/conditioning-wise? If anything!
Definitely work on my legs and train heavier in the off season on all body parts.............not do as much cardio so when its time to do cardio for a show it will really jump start my system and try not to CONTEST DIET year round- I am very hard on myself with my food, but then I cant gain muscle living on a contest diet- so I am trying to really really have an OFF SEASON!! Its hard too cause when U model U want to stay in shape ALL THE TIME!!
7) What is your typical training routine in the gym (per day, include sets and reps!) How much cardio do you do before a show?
I just changed my routine because I was totally over training-
I do Chest/Back and NOW I will only do about 12 sets and go heavy and try to change up the exercise each week
Tri/bi's- same thing not as many exercises and go heavy
Legs- again no over training and I added a lot of different squat type exercises and lunges- I hadn't done heavy legs in YEARS!!
Shoulders- I used to over train this body part SOOO much cause I felt it was my weakest. I made a lot of progress over this past year, but now I make sure I don't over train them
then the next day is usually misc stuff - like abs calves inner outer thigh
then OFF again
It takes ALOT for me to take off- I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF!!!
For right now i only do 30-40 minutes of cardio 5 or so days a week- for contest it has been up to 2x a day an hour at a time for 7 days......................
8) What is your pre-contest diet? (per day, 1 week before the show)
Well I've tried many different approaches with a lot of help from friends and coaches.
9) How do you go about dropping your water before the day of the show? How much water do you drink the day of the show. Please be specific.
I've also took so many approaches to this but most recently I drank water up to 1 PM on a Friday of a two day show and then drank a little bit with the early meals for the 2nd day Saturday show
10) What motivates you to train/diet and compete? Are there any competitors you looked up to?
I sometimes don't know WHAT MOTIVATES ME!!! It is just something inside I cant pinpoint it- training dieting and competing is just WHO I AM- and of course you reap the rewards of good health and staying young and looking good from it!!!!
11) Please tell us an interesting experience you had at a show recently, be it a fun thing or something rather not so fun?
I think it is ALWAYS fun for the most part at shows- like I said I NEVER STOP TALKING ( TAWKING - if U are from NEW YAWK) and I am very very outgoing so I talk to everyone- ask a zillion questions and like to meet new people- ALL the girls are so beautiful and I look up to many. Heather Green, Alicia Marie,Jessica Steffens, Nikki Warner,Jeanette Freed, Zivile Raudoniene ,Jessica Wright, Monica Brandt, Valerie Waugaman, Nancy Georges- I LOOK UP TO SOOOOOOOOOOOOMANY!!! But something interesting was I think it was at the Arnold last year........................I just was backstage and screamed on top of my lungs WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE JUST TAKE THE STICK OUT OF ALL YOUR ASSES!!!! WE ARE HERE TO HAVE FUN!!! so many of the girls were giving each other the evil eye and being such BEEEOCCHHEESS!!!! In my opinion we aren't really competing AGAINST each other we are competing with each other - THERE IS A DIFFERENCE !!! There is NO REASON TO BE A BITCH!!!! I also had a bad orange roughy experience and wanted to die cause that show I had WHITE one piece- ENOUGH SAID!!!! lol lol lol lol lol
12) What is your personal opinion about the figure, fitness, bodybuilding industry we are in? Anything you would like to see changed?
well again STOP THE BITCHES!!! LOL and just let it stop being so hypercritical................for instance- if U don't want woman bodybuilders looking like a man with makeup on- then don't give that person FIRST PLACE!!!
Back in the day when I competed bodybuilding I think some of us were even smaller than the figure girls are now!!!! AND STOP THE POLITICS!!!
13) What has been your hardest challenge to overcome either in your personal life or competing career?
Personally- my inner demons!! I am consistently working on myself. I also overcame the deaths of my father , sister and the miscarriages. And the hardest part about competing is I am VERY VERY HARD on myself and critical......................and of course NOT CHEATING IS A CHALLENGE!!!
14) Did you make any changes to your contest prep for your last show? Water intake, carbing up, etc...
yes I followed the direction of MIKE DAVIES and I think he helped a lot
15) What is your opinion about the 20% rule the IFBB issued to some female athletes in which the more muscular competitors had to loose 20% of muscle mass? Why do you think they did it? Do you think competitors will follow it? Or it will get lost around somewhere?
DUH- don't even know about that new rule!!! where have i been??? raising kids I guess!!! LOL but I think if that rule was made they might of done it to keep figure girls more feminine and on the curvier side..................I think its hard to follow anything they say cause it is constantly changing- U have to come in basically looking like YOU want to look and one day the judges may agree with your look
16) How do you balance your family life with competing and dieting for shows? Do you have a support system around you (family, etc...)?
Everyone that knows me knows I compete- so when I am competing or not and I'm carrying around my food and doing ALL the weird stuff that we all do- they know the deal...............it is hard to balance sometimes--------------cause my kids are my priority of course and U just have to really plan everything out-and improvise- lots of times my cardio was on the football or soccer field while my kids were at their practices- also my husband helps me tremendously by being supportive and taking care of the kids etc when I needed- he is an awesome dad!!!!
17) Please tell us about how you were raised and did you have any interesting experiences while growing up?
I was raised to eat like a damn pig if U want to know the truth!!!! Seriously, and it sucks cause all those old habits are hard to break!! I also wasn't raised with much direction, motivation, confidence or inner voice! sad but true...................
18) Do you have an athletic background? Gymnastics, soccer, volleyball or what?
I was always kind of a tomboy- I used to play softball, tennis, swim team-DANCE and I was always a really fast runner- however I wasn't given ANY direction with my talents- so I never pursued any to their greatest extent unfortunately
19) What is a typical day in the life of Elise Prucha? From waking up to until going to bed?
NOW I get up at 340 AM- yes U read that right- I like to get to the gym BEFORE my family gets up and be home in time to get my older son up for school at 630.
I get him ready then my little guy ready for school- then depending on the day- I am either training clients- doing stuff for the house i.e.: food shopping etc meeting friends for lunch- getting nails done, going on auditions etc- then when the kids get home its homework - taxicab them to their after school activities, dinner - sometimes train a PM client fit in eating 6-7 x day and then collapsing on the couch the second I sit down and then start all over again the next day!!!
20) What is your current occupation? Please tell us more about it, what do you specifically do in your job?
I am a MOM - PERSONAL TRAINER- AND FITNESS MODEL- ENTREPENOUR
I think they are all pretty much self explanatory-
MOM- feed, take care of , yell at , wipe ass of children and mostly LOVE THEM!!!!
PERSONAL TRAINER- help people workout and achieve their fitness/health goals
FITNESS MODEL- have pictures taken of you without half your clothes on so that other people can use your photo to help SELL something!!!!
ENTRENPENOUR- always looking for ways to expand myself, my investments and my life