20 Questions with our Cover Model: Diana Crandall
1) Please introduce yourself? What makes you special? Who is Diana Crandall.
Diana Marie Crandall, I'm easy to work with and good hearted. I'm a very successful person in my way and a fitness competitor, i love sports and I live for my daughter.
2) Please tell us a bit about your family, friends and surroundings?
My family and friends are great and they stand by me for anything.
3) How did you start competing in fitness (NPC)?
An old boyfriend from the past told me I could not do it and that I had no discipline for it, well he was wrong and also i have been a very competitive person since I could remember.
4) What is your personal policy (not what the judges want) about conditioning and muscularity when coming into a show? Soft or hard?
Well, I don't know i am confused with all of that. I think if you are a fitness girl you need to be hard but yet not as hard as a bodybuilder. Then you have figure which need to be softer.
5) What is your idea of what judges want in a Fitness competitor? Do you think judges are clear enough with competitors about how they want you on stage?
They are not clear at all. It's not what they want,
it's who they
6) For the next shows what do you think you need to work on physique-wise/conditioning-wise? If anything!
I think I came in the best that i will ever do in my last show and they still didn't like me. I think if i did another show I just won't diet.
7) What is your typical training routine in the gym (per day, include sets and reps!) How much cardio do you do before a show?
I do interval training, it works
the best and I run bleachers everyday and also run thru my routine 3
times per day. My sets
8) What is your pre-contest diet? (per day, 1 week before the show)
I am not to strict with my diet because I stay lean all year round. It's my genetics, they are good and I am lucky for that.
9) How do you go about dropping your water before
I don't drop my water as I don't need to.
10) What motivates you to train/diet and compete? Are there any competitors you look up to?
The challenge, I don't really
look up to anyone because I feel I
11) Please tell us an interesting experience you had at a show recently, be it a fun thing or something rather not so fun?
This is a happy one, for the last
show my whole family was
12) What is your personal opinion about the figure, fitness, bodybuilding industry we are in? Anything you would like to see changed?
It's not a sport anymore. I would like that judges be fair and not pick just who they like or know if you know what i mean.
13) From the shows you have competed so far during your career which one was the best (or most fun) for you and why?
The last show in 2005, the Nationals because my family
14) Please tell us about your routines, who choreographs them and how do you and your choreographer come up with the theme?
They are fun and with gymnastics and strength moves
too. A lot of strength moves because that it what I do best. Ed Bowen
15) What is your opinion about the 20% rule the IFBB issued to some female athletes? Why do you think they did it? Do you think competitors will follow it? Or it will get lost around somewhere?
Don't know why they issued that rule, it may perhaps get lost given all the competitions.
16) You competed in the past in bodybuilding what made you change into fitness? Recently judges hinted that you should go back to bodybuilding. What are you thoughts on this?
I like the fitness look and doing the routine. I don't what to go back to bodybuilding so i guess it's over for me but who knows what the future may bring. It not fair for them to tell me what i need to do. i think I look good as a fitness competitor just as good as any other one. Perhaps I just need not to diet as my genetics make get lean really easily.
17) Please tell us about how you were raised and did you have any interesting experiences while growing up?
I was raisedin a good family, I don't recall remember really any particular experiences but playing as a kid with the other kids.
18) Do you have an athletic background? Gymnastics, soccer, volleyball or what?
I was in gymnastics and cheerleading since I was at least 4 years old and still doing the gymnastics in fitness.
19) What is a typical day in the life of Diana Crandall? From waking up to until going to bed?
Taking care of my daughter and training clients and working out. That is it in a nut shell!
20) What is your current occupation? Please tell us more about it, what do specifically do in your job?
Owner and personal
trainer. I do every thing and the most important thing is to make my